Sunday, March 18, 2012

Colossus: The Forbin Project and The Taking of Pelham One Two Three


Cult Movie Night @ Gary's last night. Obvious technology tee-hees aside, the acting in these 2 flicks is pretty darn good. The down side, though of ToP123 - No back story on the bad guys. In today's reality show, post Pulp Fiction world, we want to get to know our bad guys. We want that Jules and Vincent banter; we want to know those personality quirks that make us care about them. We want to know what pushed the ToP123 guys to over the edge to take a subway car hostage. What were they pre-heist meetings like? Did they fight over the assigned color names? Did someone say no to the mustache disguise idea? How did they get together in the first place?

This was also my first attempt at Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt brownies. They were quite moist, but they could definitely use a bit more sea salt (since that was the goal). I was lickin' the bowl for sure. I'm glad there were a few left to take back home as I really hadn't had my fill. I didn't take pix while I was making them, but here's a pix of the ones I brought home. Note the piece of popcorn on the left (from one of the snack bags someone brought). Also note - first pix from new iPhone 4S.


It was Saint Patrick's Day in Broad Ripple for sure. You gotta love all the out door parties and folks walking around wearin' the green.

No comments: