Sunday, December 16, 2012

Moves I've seen but neglected to document


I saw Island of Lost Souls back in September @ one of Gary's Saturday night Movie nights.  Apparently Devo were quite the fans. The other movie that night: Curse of the Demon.

I saw Queen Live in Budapest @ Landmark Cinema. The film was made in 1986 and follows Queen after a triumphant Live Aid performance. That musical period of Queen was just not my cup of tea. The movie repeated some of the songs 4 times throughout the movie. Yuck! 


This is how I like my Freddie Mercury - rings, black nail polish and eyeliner (I'll even forgive you for the fur gladrag, darling). I still remember the first time I heard Killer Queen. I was delivering papers after school and heard it on a car radio. It was unbelievable. I'd never heard anything like that before. What the hell was that guitar doing? What a name for a band!  I have Sheer Heart Attack on my iPhone.

1 comment:

Tom Sarmo said...

Gotta say--I don't post comments often, but I look forward to every post of your blog