Friday, November 26, 2010

Still Crazy on Thanksgiving


I've had the DVD for this movie lying around for months. My DVD player died and I've just not gotten around to replacing it. This movie is not available for download from Netflix. So...I took it to my mom's for Thanksgiving viewing. I saw it many moons ago, but it's been tugging at me again. I can't help it. Maybe it's because I was a child of the 70's, but I cannot resist a rock and roll film portraying rockers from that decade. One of my fav scenes is when the Ray Simms character played by Bill Nighy, angry that he's turning 50 and can't get the vocals quite right, slips out into the night after taking something from a Dutch dealer in the corner (who turns out to be Mackenzie Crook from the UK version of The Office) and ends up falling through the ice. He managers to get out by using his platform hills to break through the ice. A hundred and one uses for a platform shoe.

No comments: