Monday, October 18, 2010

The Week in Review - Oct 11 - 17




Saturday the 9th - Shower started draining really slow. Call a plumber, who turned out to like to talk dirty on the phone starting Monday. I'm also not able to get channels with Dish. I'd had problems off and on, abut now I was unable to get any channels.

Monday Oct 11 -
Things were working out...Cable Guy and the Plumber were going to show up after noon. I'm at work and I figured it was about time for Plumber Guy to call and Ding - the phone rings, but the guy is whispering. WTF? Hello!! Who is this!! I'm thinking the guy is talking to someone else at the same time. It's not clicking yet. Then - all becomes clear. The number showed up as Withheld. D'uh.

The guy proceeds to talk dirty, but he's actually whispering dirty. WHAT??!! Me - "You've got a wrong number." Whisper, whisper. Him - "No I don't." I hang up. WTF??? Ring...ring. It's the guy again. Me - "Listen you've mistaken me for some who cares." Click. He calls back 2 more times and I hit the Busy button. I couldn't believe it! It was definitely an older guy (the plumber was an older guy) whispering. I decide to call his number using my desk phone since he wouldn't know who it was. His business number. Yep, he answers and yep - if he whispered it would sound like Phone Stalker Guy. And...I was thinking....I bet he calls in a few minutes to tell me that someone is on their way to my house. Yep - 5 minutes later (or less) he calls my cell - displaying his business number. I go along and then call back and get a girl on the switch board. I cancel and proceed to find another plumber.

I get a new plumber, but he's busy and suggests calling Just Drains. A guy was available after noon. Perfect! The new guy shows up and tells me that it would only take a minute. I've never heard that before. He ended up calling another guy to come help him. Meanwhile, he used a snake, a larger snake, a wet -n- vac. The second guy shows up and suggests a plunger. They made a huge mess - water splatters all over the place. The theory is - there's a shampoo cap from the previous peeps and it moves near the trap and then back away.

Anyway...Phone Stalker Guy won't leave me alone. I don't pick up the phone, but I know it's him when the number on my cell displays - Whithheld. This is getting old...

Not the end. He calls - Withheld displayed as the number - 2 more times after that - at 1:00 PM and 1:16 PM. And he even called while I'm talking to Cable Guy. He called that night at 1:11. He must like ones.

Tuesday - Indy Film Buffs @ Cornerstone Cafe. I've forgotten all the movies I was going to add to my Netflix queue.

Thursday - Vegetarian Group. Siam Square in Fountain Square. Fun! Yum yum yum!

Saturday - Morning at the Zoo in Exotic Animal Photo class. We couldn't photograph the walrus - he comes out at 10:30. My dentist office calls me to info me that my dentist passed away Oct 6. Saturday night watched Diabolical Dr Z and The Blood Drinkers at the Indy Film Buffs cult movie night.

No comments: