Monday, October 25, 2010

The Weekend in Review - Oct 23-24


We shot photos of mercat at the last photo session at the zoo on Saturday. I'd like to keep up the habit of photographing on Saturday mornings. Two more classes left in the series and they will involve mounting and printing photos.

I didn't make it to The Shining and Pre-Halloween Party hosted by one of the Indy Film Buffs peeps. The power went out in the neighborhood around 5:30 and didn't come back on untol 7:30. I needed to take a shower and I had clothes in the dryer. *sigh*

I watched Frankenstien at home downloaded from NetFlix via the Roku. I must say, there were some really good bits and quite well edited. Mae Clarke was lovely as Elizabeth. Thin as a rail. Ludwig carrying Little Maria's lifeless body through the village must've been quite graphic for it's day. When Fritz grabbed the abnormal brain because he dropped the "good" brain all I could think of was Mary Feldman explaining to Gene Wilder how he'd gotten the brain of Abby Someone.

I started watching Gods and Monsters Sunday night.

I got caught in the rain, again, while walking on Sunday. Not sure why I continue to do that. It's clear that it's going to rain soon, but I do nothing. I keep an umbrella in the car for emergencies, but I never take it with me.

I also saw the last episode of Nurse Jackie. Not sure what I think. I like the fact that she's quite flawed, but I really don't get it. For me, something is missing. She's got the most perfect (in some folk's eye) life outside of work. Having her addiction be the catalyst behind her behavior would be kind of lame and way too obvious.

The Indy Film Buffs meet Tuesday night at Conerstone Cafe and Friday night we meet at IMA for The Bride of Frankenstein.

No comments: