Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week in Review - 02-20 thru 02-26 - In Which I Get Rear Ended in the Car


Sunday - Movie of the month @Gary's - Yats later. Footlight Parade from 1933 was this month's selection. James Cagney not only danced, but sang as well. I actually liked watching him dance - couldn't take my eyes off of him. Light on his feet, him.

Tuesday - Meet the Film Buffs @ Cornerstone Cafe. Several new peeps.

Thursday - Had to go to Columbus for boob ultra sound and got rear ended on the way back. A work-truck-like vehicle slows down, stops quite a ways up the road, but plenty of room between me and several cars in front of me. I see the Fort Expedition barreling up behind me. ACK! I swerve to the left to avoid getting plowed into and I almost make it. He hits the passenger taillight/tailgate/bumer/hatch area. Ugh.

Friday - Memento @ IMA. Last film in the Noir series.

Saturday - Saw Dogtooth @ IMA. This Greek film tells the story of three children who are kept isolated from the rest of the world by their uber-controlling parents. I like the fact that we are not given an explanation of why the parents would do such thing. The children listen to home made tapes that "teach" them the "rules". Any new word that manages to pop into being is given a new, benign meaning - 'zombies' are little yellow flowers. This film is deliciously disturbing.



Dined at Taste of Inda. oHOHOH...slurp. Later, watched The Loved One with Robert Morse. I saw this as a kid and I've waited all these years to see it again.

Sunday - I was invited to attend an Oscar party @ Joe and Brian's. Very fun! Everyone got into the red carpet dress evaluation segment at the beginning. My new fav beautiful woman is Florence Welch. Never heard of her before. Now that I think about it, who was my previous fav beautiful woman?

No comments: