Saturday, March 24, 2012

Photos from the 'hood via iPhone

Spring came a bit too early this year. I took some photos during a couple of walks through my neighborhood (and the 'hoods nearby) this past week. I'm glad I did; it got so warm that most of the tulip trees have lost their flowers. The petals are beautiful in their decay.

I sometimes pass by this massive tree that looks like something out of Sherwood Forest. I believe it is probably the largest tree for many surrounding blocks. I left items in the photo - lamp post, fire hydrant, house to help gauge the size of this Tree Guy.

I love the rusted texture of this horse tie out. Did you ever want to know how to tie a bank robber knot? The wind becomes too much at the end of the video.

I have a few photos from the neighborhood next to mine - Forest Hills. No one ever names a neighborhood Dump Site Lawn or Out House Hills.

Finally, a pic of some tiny seedlings coming up in one of my flower boxes hanging off of the garage.
Spring is so cute!

1 comment:

Cindy D. said...

I love the Sherwood Forest tree best. My sister's neighbor has a similar tree, thick and stout at the bottom, and huge and forming almost a perfect circle at the enormous span on top. So cool! The pile of shed petals is really neat too, and would make a cool background for some art.

Lots of cool photos and looks like such a nice, wooded place to live.