Monday, January 14, 2013

Holy Motors


I've wanted to see Holy Motors by Leos Carax since I saw the trailer. Confession: I've watched the trailer 4 or 5 times. The Movie Buffs had a Meetup scheduled to view the film on Sunday afternoon. It wasn't the movie I thought it was going to be, which is good. I thought it would be more like the short film he made for Tokyo! - Merde(which I just loved). I will say this, Carax does not make films where you going to say, "I saw that coming." It's not that I liked it or didn't like it; I'm glad I saw it.

We decided to dine at Tian Fu after the movie. Oh my goodness, never going back again. The service was terrible. We had to ask for water 3 times. The tea was terrible too. How do you mess up tea? You leave the tea bag in and never take it out. Yuck. Very bitter. The Age Tofu was mushy and tasteless. My nabeyaki soup had a bunch of cold, white pre-packaged noodles at the bottom. There were five of us and everything came out at different times. Entrees came out before appetizers, appetizers got lost, etc.  There were 2 other smaller tables of peeps in the restaurant, it's not like they were busy.

No comments: