Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ninotchka


Confession:I saw my first Greta Garbo movie Saturday night @ Kathy's house - Ninotchka. This was part of the Indy Film Buffs Meetup Group series. She play a Russian envoy sent to straighten out three Russian delegates sent to purchase some stolen jewels. She is all about the party...Russian party that is. It's not a film I would advise someone to watch, but I'm glad I saw it. Garbo is so attractive. She has timeless beauty. She could walk down the street today and turn heads.

I made some Ghirardelli chocolate brownies to take. I was pretty happy until I got to Kathy's house and Brian had brought a Hazelnut-Almond  Dacquoise - yep. Oh, btw, he's a professional baker. I'd never even heard of such a thing. He said he spent two days on it. Holy cow! The meringue ends up being sort of wafer like. My my, it was magnificent!




No comments: