Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Blood as Well as the Castle of Fu Manchu


Movie Night @ Gary's last night - The Blood of Fu Manchu and The Castle of Fu Manchu. In the first movie, Fu Manchu was an idea guy with a very attractive, equally evil daughter, and hot slave women. He clearly had some sort of empathy for them as he called them by name. I could not take my eyes off of Tsai Chin as Lin Tang. There were several scenes where she was wearing a very bright pink lip stick. The gem in this film however, was Richard Palacious as Sancho Lopez. I loved his hat and pistola.

In the second movie Fu Manchu has yet another idea for world domination, but alas, he has no time. And boy, did Fu let us know that. I lost count of how many times Fu uttered, "We don't have time" every time someone suggested that something wasn't quite getting done correctly/safely. Working in IT for so many years, you know that phrase is a death nell for what ever evil project is in the works. He needed a good project manager.

I should've counted the times I heard the name Nayland Smith and the number of times I heard a gong being struck (I like the sound of a gong being struct btw) in both movies. Aayye!

Speaking of gong, of course I think of T-Rex and Get It On. Some dapper bloke to Marc's right named Elton plays piano in a spiffy poddle print gladrag.




No comments: